Amending your booking
Changing your booking and the charges that may apply
Back to FAQs
We are very happy to allow changes to bookings. Costs apply to some changes
- Amendment fees plus any increase in fare apply to changes to route, date or time. All changes must be made before the travel date on the original ticket has expired. Amendment fees will be charged on each occasion that the booking is amended.
- There is no amendment fee but there may be an increase in fare for changes to the number of passengers travelling on each sailing, vehicle type, updating or adding a trailer, caravan or cabin or by adding Club Class.
- Amendment fees do not apply to changes to vehicle details (make, model or registration within the same vehicle type), mobile and e-mail addresses or passenger names on the booking.
Amendment fee costs
Motorist bookings - A £20/€25 fee applies every time a booking is changed. If the change applies to both the outward and return sailings then the fee is £40/€50. This fee is in addition to any increase in fare.
Foot-passenger bookings - A £8/€10 fee applies every time a booking is changed. If a change applies to both the outward and return sailings then the fee is £16/€20. This fee is in addition to any increase in fare.
- Refunds are by the method of payment so if you have paid by voucher (Tesco or otherwise) any refund due will be by Irish Ferries travel voucher.
- Where bookings are amended and the total price of the new fare is lower than the original fare no refunds will be given.
- No refunds will be given on any booking after outbound travel has commenced
- No refunds will be given on any unused portion of your ticket
- No refunds will be given if due to adverse weather conditions you are moved from the Dublin Swift fast craft to any of our cruise ferries. If your booking includes a car/van you will receive an electronic travel voucher for £40/€40 which will be automatically uploaded onto your Irish Ferries customer account. If you have booked via a travel agency you will need to contact your agency regarding the travel voucher.
Note: - Promotional and sale fares may attract special terms and conditions relating to amendment and cancellation charges which will be listed on the relevant fare pages over the course of the offer booking period.
How to change your booking
- Bookings made on-line with Irish Ferries - Once you have an online account, you can change your booking on-line by logging into Your Account. Bookings cannot be changed on-line once outward travel has commenced. If you have already checked-in or have completed one leg of your journey and now wish to amend the return leg please call us for assistance. If you should encounter any problems on-line, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at any of our call centers.
- Bookings made by telephone with Irish Ferries - If you have an online account you can change your booking on-line by logging into Your account. If you do not have an on-line account please contact us.
- Bookings made via an Agent - Bookings made via a travel agent, tour operator, or a web site other than irishferries.com cannot be changed online. You should contact your own agent.
- Inclusive Packages Holidays - Changes can be made to holiday packages – subject to relevant terms & conditions. Please contact us for assistance.
Our Flexibility Option allows you to avoid paying booking amendment fees when changing a booking. Flexibility Option must be purchased at the time of booking. Please note that changes to bookings may still incur an increase in fare.