Tesco Frequently Asked Questions
You must exchange your Tesco Vouchers for Clubcard Boost tokens before you make your ferry booking.
UK residents including Northern Ireland – Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens:
1. Click here, which will direct you to the Tesco website where you will be able to order the amount required.
2. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you'd like to exchange on the right, and then click 'add to basket'. Any change from your vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard Account.
3. Tesco will post out your Clubcard Boost tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order.
4. On receipt of your Clubcard Boost tokens, make your booking at irishferries.com by clicking here or by calling us on 08717 300 400. You will be required to state the value and serial number of each of your Clubcard Boost tokens.
5. Ferry Bookings must be made at least 10 days before you travel. Prices quoted online include an administration fee of £5. Bookings made through our Contact Centre will include an administration fee of £15.
Republic of Ireland residents – Clubcard Boost tokens:
1. On receipt of your Clubcard Boost tokens, you can make your booking at irishferries.com by clicking here or by calling us on 0818 300 400 in the Republic of Ireland / 00 353 818 300 400 in Northern Ireland.
2. Ferry bookings must be made at least 10 days before you travel. Bookings made through our Contact Centre will include an administration fee of €21.
You must make your booking only via the special Tesco link on the Irish Ferries website at www.irishferries.com/tesco, where you will be offered the applicable Tesco promotional fare. Alternatively, use the links below:
• Sterling Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens UK / Ireland Routes BOOK HERE!
• Sterling Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens Ireland / France Routes More Information
• Euro Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens all routes BOOK HERE!
At the payment stage you will be asked to enter the token numbers and their overall value. If the value of the booking is greater than the total value of your tokens, simply pay the balance using your credit or debit card. Please send your tokens to the Irish Ferries Office on the booking confirmation, quoting the booking reference on each token.
Ferry bookings must be made at least 10 days in advance of travel and Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens must be received by the relevant Irish Ferries Office by Registered Post no later than 5 working days after the date of booking and in advance of travel. If we do not receive your tokens in sufficient time, you will have to pay in full for your booking at the port of departure.
No, you must apply to Tesco first for your travel tokens as we need to know the correct total amount of applicable vouchers and their serial numbers that you are using as full or part payment on your booking. We must receive your tokens no later than 5 working days of making your booking, otherwise your booking will be cancelled. Your voucher numbers will be requested when making your booking, so please have them to hand.
Yes you can, but they must be booked in advance when you are making your Tesco motorist booking. Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens are not valid for purchases made on board our ships or at our ports
Yes you can – this can be added to your booking at Step 3 of the online process.
Your Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens are not valid for payment or part payment for the following products; Landbridge, Sail & Rail, Minicruise bookings, Hotel Breaks, Self-catering breaks, Foot passenger fares, Day trips or Freight bookings.
Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens are valid against our web fares but with an additional €20/£20 per journey leg incorporated into the fare. As this is a special fare promotion there is restricted availability and Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens may not be used on selected peak sailings. Bookings made using Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens have their own specific Terms and Conditions, attached and do not qualify for our Frequent Traveller Reward Scheme.
No, bookings made using any value of Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens are already on a special fare promotion and therefore do not qualify for a further future discount on our Frequent Traveller Reward Scheme.
It is possible to use your Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens against our minicruise fares, however bookings must be made by telephone. Please call our offices for assistance.
Unfortunately not – all payment transacations of any type are non-refundable once completed. Tokens must also be received no later than 5 working days after the date of booking and in advance of travel.
Yes, you can amend your booking before your date of travel, subject to availability. Additional charges may incur due to any difference in fare, which must be paid by debit/credit card at the time of the amendment. If the fare on the new departure is lower than your previous fare, no refund of the difference applies. Please note that changes cannot be made online, but only via our Contact Centres or by emailing email@example.com.
Yes, however your cancellation request must be received in writing. Please note that if you cancel your booking, the voucher value on the booking is non-refundable but any card payment may be, subject to the terms and conditions of the fare purchased and date of cancellation. Alternatively, you can always amend your booking to another date before departure, subject to an amendment fee and any difference in fare if applicable.
No, your Tesco tokens are applicable to you alone and are not transferrable.
To confirm your booking online, we need to receive full payment by Clubcard Boost tokens or a combination of Clubcard Boost tokens & Credit/Debit card. If you are booking more than 42 days in advance and wish to pay a deposit only to confirm the booking, then you need to call our offices on 00353 818 300 400 – please note that a service fee of €15 applies to all bookings made by telephone or at our ports.
It is possible to make a booking for our Ireland/France services when using your Sterling Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens. The online booking process will display your fares in Euros and Tokens are accepted at a rate of £1=€1 at the payment stage. The exact exchange rate used for the conversion will be that on the day that your Tokens are received by us.
To confirm the booking online, we need to receive full payment by Clubcard Boost tokens or a combination of Clubcard Boost tokens & Credit/Debit card. If you are booking more than 42 days in advance and wish to pay a deposit only to confirm the booking, then you need to call our offices on 00353 818 300 400 – please note that a service fee of €15 applies to all bookings made by telephone or at our ports.
Click here for our Tesco Terms & Conditions