Tickets are valid for travel on the booked departures only. Please be aware of the amendment terms and conditions of both the ferry and the train booking.
Persons 16 and under
It is not possible for children under the age of 16 to travel alone unless otherwise accompanied by an adult while travelling. Persons of 16 years of age must have a notarized letter from their parents/guardian signed and witnessed by a public officer.
Passengers can bring what constitutes as normal passenger luggage with them, ie suitcases, rucksacks, hold-alls etc. All luggage should be clearly tagged with the owners name.
Travelling with pets on the ferry
- Pets (small dogs and cats) travelling with foot passengers are carried on board in your handheld carrier – once onboard they must be transferred from the carrier to one of our kennels. Kennels are payable, subject to availability and must be reserved before travel
- The owner of the animal must be able to carry the cage or box from the terminal to the ship.
- All animals must travel in a pre booked kennel.
- If you turn up at the port without an appropriate pet cage or box you will not be allowed to bring your pet on board. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Please ensure that ferry times are verified with us prior to travel, as times may be affected by weather conditions and/or operational factors. The latest sailing information can be checked by clicking here or by calling one of our Sales Offices.
Rail timetables are subject to change – please ensure that train times are verified prior to travel. Irish Ferries cannot be held responsible for closures or delays on the French national rail network.
Please note that your train ticket covers mainline rail travel only and does not cover onward travel locally in France by bus, metro or any local rail network operating.
- For Irish Ferries foot passenger bookings
- For your train booking - please note the relevant terms and conditions on the trainline website during booking process. We recommend the flexible ticket option
Disrupted or cancelled sailings
Every effort is made to maintain advertised schedules but sailing times can sometimes be disrupted due to technical, operational or weather related issues. However, if your sailing is cancelled we will do everything possible to transfer you onto the next available Irish Ferries sailing. When making your booking please provide us with your mobile phone number and we will endeavour to make contact with you in the event of any major disruption.