Quick reference index
March 2022 Sailing Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before making a booking. These Terms and Conditions include certain limitations and exclusions in respect of our liability to you. Your attention is drawn, in particular, to Clauses 12-17 (inclusive) and 47.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS OR REMEDIES.
1. In these conditions (save where the context otherwise requires)
- a) "Athens Convention" means the Convention relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea signed at Athens in 1974 as may be modified from time to time including by the Protocol of 2002 to the Convention. A link to the current consolidated text of the Convention is available here but please note this may be amended from time to time and the version applicable at the time of travel will prevail.
- b) "Berth" includes a club class seat, a reserved seat, or a bed in a cabin.
- c) "Carrier" means Irish Ferries Limited whose registered office is at Ferryport, Alexandra Road, Dublin 1.
- d) "Disabled Person" or "Persons with Reduced Mobility" has the same meaning as set out in Regulation No 1177 of 2010.
- e) "Domestic Animal" means any domesticated pet such as a dog or cat accompanying a Passenger.
- f) "Fault" includes any act, omission, neglect, default, negligence, breach of contract, or breach of duty of whatsoever nature the same may be.
- g) "Injury, Loss or Damage" includes any physical injury, death, sickness, mental suffering, distress, upset, financial or consequential loss, nuisance, delay, or inconvenience of whatsoever nature the same may be.
- h) "Luggage" (save where the term appears in Clause 41 of these conditions) has the same meaning as set out in the Athens Convention.
- i) "Passenger" has the same meaning as set out in the Athens Convention.
- j) "Person" includes any firm, partnership, association, corporation or government department and also includes any infant or child.
- k) "Regulation No 1177 of 2010" and “the Regulation” mean Regulation (EU) No 1177/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 concerning the rights of Passengers when travelling by sea and inland waterway as may be replaced or amended. A link to the current Regulation is available here but please note this may be amended from time to time and the version applicable at the time of travel will prevail.
- l) “Scheduled Departure Time” and “Scheduled Arrival Time” are those times as advertised in the Carrier’s notices and publications in force at the time of booking but subject to any subsequent changes notified to the passenger 24 hours or more in advance.
- m) "Servants, Agents and Independent Contractors of the Carrier" includes but is not limited to the owners, charterers, and operators of any vessel, means of transport, or facility who may, at the request of or by agreement with the Carrier (whether express or implied) perform the whole or any part of the carriage of Passengers and/or Luggage or other service which the Carrier has agreed to undertake and also includes the Servants, Agents and Independent Contractors of such owners charterers or operators.
- n) "Ticket Price" means the price actually paid for the transport by the Carrier of the Passenger, Vehicle (if any) and Domestic Animal (if any). In the event of disruption of the transport the Ticket Price does not include unpaid balances at the time of notification by the Carrier to the Passenger of such disruption.
- o) "Valuables" means such valuable articles as are described in Article 5 of the Athens Convention.
- p) "Vehicle" means any Passenger or private vehicle of any description whatsoever (whether or not self-propelled) including (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) any car, coach, mini-bus, caravan, dormobile, trailer, motorcycle scooter, trailer, yacht or bicycle.
- q) the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- r) the masculine includes the feminine and vice versa.
2. The headings to paragraphs in these conditions are inserted for convenience only and have no binding effect.
3. The Carrier is not and does not hold itself out as a common carrier. Passengers (including Disabled Persons and Persons with Reduced Mobility) and Luggage are accepted and carried only upon and subject to these conditions which shall form part of the contract between the Carrier and the Passenger.
4. Every Person making a booking for or on behalf of a Passenger or group of Passengers warrants and confirms that he has the legal capacity to make the booking as well as the authority and consent of each such Passenger to accept these Conditions as agent for and on behalf of that Passenger and that each such Passenger has agreed to be bound by these conditions which may include amendment and cancellation fees.
5. No Passenger shall embark on a voyage or avail himself of any services the subject of any contract with the Carrier unless he has accepted these Conditions (including the amendment and cancellation fees) regardless of whether the booking was made by him or by some other Person on his or her behalf.
6. (a) Disabled Persons or Persons with Reduced Mobility shall notify the Carrier when a booking is made, and in any event not later than 48 hours before the Scheduled Departure Time, that their mobility when using transport is reduced by any physical disability, intellectual disability or impairment, and of any specific needs they have concerning accommodation, seating or services required or of their need to bring medical equipment (provided the need is known at the time).
(b) Where the need is not known at the time of booking, notification shall be made at the earliest opportunity and in any event not later than 48 hours before the Scheduled Departure Time where possible.
(c) The Carrier shall also be notified as provided above if it is intended that such Passengers shall be accompanied by a recognized assistance dog. Such notification can be made by any means available including email or other electronic means or SMS.
7. The Carrier may refuse to accept a booking from or to embark any Person including a Disabled Person or Person with Reduced Mobility in the following circumstances:
- (i) for safety reasons including in order to comply with any applicable safety requirements established by international, Union or national law or by the competent authorities, or
- (ii) where it is not safe or feasible to carry out the embarkation, disembarkation or carriage of such Passengers in a safe or operationally feasible manner due to the design of the ship or infrastructure or equipment of the port or terminal. Where such applies, the Carrier may alternatively require that such Passengers be accompanied by another Person who is capable of providing the assistance required by the Disabled Person or Person with Reduced Mobility.
8. No Person other than a director of the Carrier has authority to alter or waive any of these conditions and no such alteration or waiver shall be of any effect unless it is in writing and signed by such director.
9. Each of the paragraphs and sub-paragraphs of these Conditions operates separately. If and in so far as any of these Conditions (in whole or part) is found by a court or relevant authority to be inconsistent with or invalid under any applicable law, such condition or provision shall be null and void. The remaining Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
(a) This contract shall be governed and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
(b) The Irish courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute between the Passenger and the Carrier in relation to these Terms and Conditions. Where the action arises under the Athens Convention a Passenger may bring an action in accordance with Article 17 of the Athens Convention.
(a) It is the sole responsibility of each Passenger to ensure they have all necessary travel documentation and authorisation (including but not limited to identification, immigration and health documentation) for entry into the country of destination and/or departure from the country of departure. Boarding of the Carrier’s vessel is conditional on the Passenger being in possession of such necessary documentation in the opinion of the Carrier.
(b) Prior to boarding, the Carrier (and/or its agent) shall be entitled to check that all Passengers have the documentation described in Paragraph (a).
(c) The Carrier may (notwithstanding any booking previously made) refuse to carry any Passenger who fails to produce the documentation described in Paragraph (a) when requested and no refunds or compensation will be provided by the Carrier where permission to enter/depart a country has been refused. In addition, the Carrier shall be entitled to recover from the Passenger all fines or other costs levied on it by reason of the Passenger's failure to produce any required documentation satisfactory to the relevant authorities upon reaching the port of destination.
(d) Any Passenger who for any reason refuses to disembark or is refused entry to the relevant country at the port of destination shall be required to reimburse the Carrier for any costs incurred by the Carrier as a result of such action.
12. The provisions of the Athens Convention shall be incorporated into this Contract in respect of any carriage by sea which the Carrier has agreed to undertake and the said provisions shall apply throughout the periods of carriage set forth in Paragraph 8 of Article 1 of the Athens Convention. In so far as any Passenger or Luggage is affected by or suffers any Injury Loss or Damage by reason of any Fault on the part of the Carrier (including its Servants, Agents and Independent Contractors or any other Person for whom the Carrier is responsible) before or after any such period of carriage the Carrier (as defined in the Convention) shall (provided it is lawful to do so) be entitled to rely upon Articles 5 to 16 inclusive of the said Convention.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - Any liability on the part of the Carrier shall be subject to all exemptions and exonerations from and limitations of liability provided by the Athens Convention and shall in particular be subject (in the case of damage or loss to a Vehicle or other Luggage) to the deduction of the full amount permitted under Paragraph 4 of Article 8 thereof.
The Athens Convention (amongst other provisions of law) limits the Carrier's liability for the death of or personal injury to a Passenger and/or for loss of or damage to Luggage (including a Vehicle) to incidents which are due to the Fault or neglect of the Carrier or of its servants or agents acting within the scope of their employment. The said Convention also makes special provision for Valuables for which the Carrier accepts no responsibility save where such Valuables have been deposited with the Carrier for the agreed purpose of safe keeping (and the Carrier shall be free to refuse to agree to such safe-keeping at its sole-discretion) in which event the Carrier shall be liable in accordance with the terms of the said Convention. The said Convention also presumes that Luggage has been delivered undamaged unless written notice has been given to the Carrier (i) in the case of apparent damage before or at the time of disembarkation or re-delivery or (ii) in the case of damage which is not apparent or of loss within 15 days from the date of disembarkation or re-delivery or from the time when such re-delivery should have taken place.
14. For Disabled Persons or Persons with Reduced Mobility, the Carrier shall be liable for replacement or repair costs incurred as a result of the loss of or damage to mobility equipment or other special equipment used by such persons if the incident which caused the loss was due to the Carrier's Fault or neglect and if Article 4 of the Athens Convention does not apply.
15. Subject always to any express provision elsewhere in these conditions and to any applicable law, the Carrier shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable for any Loss or Damage of or to any Luggage or Vehicle.
16. Nothing in these conditions shall be in any way construed as restricting or removing the rights of the Carrier or of any other carrier or of the Servants Agents or Independent Contractors of either of them to any exemption from or limitation of liability given to Carriers owners or demise charterers of a vessel or other Persons by any statute or rule of law for the time being in force. Further the Carrier (if not the owner or demise charterer of a vessel performing any part of the carriage which the Carrier has agreed to undertake) shall have in respect of any Passenger or Luggage carried on such vessel the same rights of limitation of liability as are given to owners and demise charterers by any statute or rule of law in addition to the rights exemptions from and limitations of liability defences and immunities conferred by these conditions.
17. All rights, exemptions from, and limitations of liability, defences, and immunities of whatsoever nature referred to in any of these Conditions shall apply also for the benefit of all Servants, Agents, and Independent Contractors of the Carrier while acting in the course of, or in connection with, their employment or other contract.
18. Passengers shall at all times comply with any lawful order given by or on behalf of any of the vessel's officers or by any other servant or agent of the Carrier.
19. Passengers undertake that neither he nor his Luggage (including any Vehicle and any Luggage to which these conditions apply) nor any child or Domestic Animal accompanying him will cause any danger, injury, loss, or damage of or to the Carrier or its property or any other Person or property.
20. In the event of the Carrier providing or obtaining medical assistance of any kind whatsoever for any Passenger, the Passenger shall reimburse to the Carrier upon demand the cost of such medical assistance.
21. In so far as any contract or booking with the Carrier requires Passengers to travel with another carrier, these Terms and Conditions will apply. Likewise if a Passenger is travelling with the Carrier as a result of a booking with another carrier, these Terms and Conditions will apply.
22. Passengers are referred to the provisions of Regulation No 1177 of 2010 as may be amended from time to time. For convenience, the Regulation is available at:
23. The Carrier will inform passengers as soon as possible of a cancelled or delayed sailing, and in any event no later than 30 minutes after the Scheduled Departure Time. For delayed sailings Passengers will also be informed of the new estimated departure and arrival times as soon as that information is available. If a cancelled or delayed sailing causes a Passenger to miss a connecting transport service,
the Carrier shall make reasonable efforts to inform the affected Passenger of alternative connections. Such information on cancelled or delayed sailings or alternative connections shall where required be provided in accessible formats to any Disabled Persons and Persons with Reduced Mobility.
24. Where the Carrier reasonably expects the departure of a Passenger service to be cancelled or delayed for more than 90 minutes after the Scheduled Departure Time, Passengers waiting at the departure port terminal will be offered free of charge snacks, meals or refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time provided they are available or can reasonably be supplied. Unless such cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship as determined under the overriding authority of the Master, where and when physically possible, Passengers waiting at the departure port terminal will also be offered free of charge for the duration of the delay adequate accommodation on board the vessel or ashore, including any transport required from the departure port terminal to such accommodation, where the cancellation or delay makes it necessary for a Passenger to stay one or more nights beyond that originally intended by the Passenger. Where provided ashore, the total cost of such accommodation shall not exceed a maximum of EUR 80 per night per Passenger, for a maximum of three nights.
25. Where the Carrier reasonably expects the departure of a Passenger service to be cancelled or delayed for more than 90 minutes after the Scheduled Departure Time, Passengers will also be offered the choice between (a) re-routing to the final destination under comparable conditions as set out in these Conditions of Travel at the earliest opportunity and at no additional cost, or (b) reimbursement of the Ticket Price, (and where relevant, a return service free of charge to the first point of departure at the earliest opportunity). Reimbursement of the Ticket Price will be calculated in relation to the part or parts of the journey not made and for the part or parts already made where the purpose of the journey no longer serves any purpose in relation to the Passenger’s original travel plan.
It is agreed and accepted by the Passenger that if there is disruption to a sailing between Ireland and France (or vice versa), re-routing through Britain (known as "landbridge") is an acceptable alternative to a direct sailing between Ireland and France (or vice versa) and there will be no compensation for such change other than where re-routing involves additional driving cost. Such additional costs will be calculated at the rates published on our website. This shall not affect any legal rights of the Passenger.
Payment shall be made within 7 days in cash, by electronic bank transfer, bank order or bank cheque. Alternatively, if the Passenger agrees, the full reimbursement may also be paid in the form of vouchers and/or other services (with flexible conditions particularly regarding validity period and destination) in an amount equivalent to the Ticket Price. Where the Passenger chooses re-routing, the original booking will be cancelled and a new booking for re-routing may be made by the Passenger subject to availability and this new booking shall constitute a new contract which shall replace the original contract.
26. Unless any cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship as determined under the overriding authority of the Master, or by extraordinary circumstances hindering the performance of the Passenger service which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken, Passengers without losing the right to transport may request compensation from the Carrier if facing a delay in arrival at the final destination.
The minimum level of compensation shall be 25% of the Ticket Price paid for a delay of at least: (i) one hour in the case of a scheduled journey of up to four hours; (ii) two hours in the case of a scheduled journey of more than four hours, but not exceeding 8 hours; (iii) three hours in the case of a scheduled journey of more than eight hours, but not exceeding 24 hours; or (iv) six hours in the case of a scheduled journey of more than 24 hours. If the delay exceeds double the time set out above the compensation shall be 50% of the Ticket Price.
Compensation shall be calculated in relation to the Ticket Price which excludes outstanding balances. Where the transport is for a return journey, compensation for delay in arrival on either the outward or the return leg shall be calculated in relation to half of the Ticket Price.
Compensation shall not be payable if the Passenger is informed of the cancellation or delay before the purchase of the ticket including payment of all fares and charges or if the cancellation or delay is caused by the fault of the passenger.
Compensation payable shall be paid within 1 month after the submission of the fully completed request for compensation. The compensation may be paid in vouchers or money at the request of the Passenger.
27. The Carrier or the vessel’s Master or any of its officers or agents may (notwithstanding any booking previously made) refuse to carry any Passenger or Luggage on any sailing for any cause including relating to the safety of the vessel or any property on board the vessel, or to the safety, comfort or convenience of any other Passenger or any servant agent or independent contractor of the Carrier directly or indirectly involved with the carriage in question. In such circumstances the Passenger shall not be entitled to any compensation or payment whatsoever save that the Carrier shall refund to the Passenger any fare or other charges paid to the Carrier in respect of that sailing.
28. The Carrier and the vessel shall have liberty to carry the Luggage/Vehicles on deck or in/ on any other part of the vessel, to sail with or without the full complement of Passengers and Luggage booked to sail, with or without a pilot, to make trial trips to adjust compasses, to carry goods of any kind whatsoever, dangerous or otherwise, to dry dock with or without the Luggage/Vehicles on board, to tow and assist vessels or be towed in all situations and to proceed on one or more occasions to or from and use any port or ports in any order or rotation for any purpose whatsoever whether in or out of or short of or beyond the route between the termini for the carriage of any Passenger or Luggage or the customary or advertised route provided that the said liberty shall at all times be exercised reasonably having regard to the prevailing circumstances.
29. The Carrier and the vessel shall have liberty for any purpose (such liberty to be exercised reasonably and having regard to the prevailing circumstances) to
- (i) carry any Passenger, Vehicle or Luggage to any port other than the port of destination notwithstanding that the vessel may have called at such port of destination and/or discharged other Passengers or Luggage there;
- (ii) to carry any Passenger, Vehicle or Luggage back to the port of destination or to the port of embarkation;
- (iii) to tranship any Passenger, Vehicle or Luggage into (or in the case of Luggage onto the deck of) any vessel;
- (iv) to land any Passenger, Vehicle or Luggage; or
- (v) to store Luggage at any port or place and to forward any Passenger, Vehicle or Luggage to the port of destination by any route in or on any vessel or other means of transport (to whomsoever belonging) having regard to the prevailing circumstances.
None of the foregoing shall entitle any Passenger to any payment or compensation whatsoever whether by way of refund of any fare or other charges paid to the Carrier or otherwise other than in accordance with Clauses 25 and 26 above.
Where a reservation confirmation refers to alternative departure and/or destination ports in the event of disruption, such alternative ports are considered to be agreed alternative places of departure and final destinations under the transport contract as set out below and there will be no compensation for such change.
Port of Departure or Destination
Alternative Ports of Departure or Destination
Calais, Brest, Dunkirk, Le Havre, Roscoff, St Malo
30. Without prejudice to the generality of any other provision of these conditions, the Carrier and the vessel shall have liberty to comply with any other directions or advices given by any Government or any department thereof or by any Person acting (or purporting to act) with the authority of any Government or any department thereof or by any Committee or Person having under the terms of the war risks insurance on the vessel the right to give such orders directions or advices, as to departure, arrival, routes, ports of loading call or discharge, stoppages, transhipment, discharge, or destination or otherwise howsoever. The vessel shall have liberty to carry contraband explosives munitions and warlike stores and to sail armed or unarmed.
31. The exercise in accordance with these conditions of any liberty or other right provided herein shall not constitute a deviation or a breach of contract as between the Carrier and the Passenger but shall form part of and be within the scope of the contract voyage. Any Passenger or Luggage affected by the exercise of any such liberty or other right shall at all times remain subject to these conditions.
32. Every Passenger must whenever so required by a servant of the Carrier quote a valid booking reference number or produce a valid printed e-ticket booking confirmation. If a Passenger fails to quote a valid booking reference number or produce a valid printed e-ticket booking confirmation on demand of a servant of the Carrier he shall be liable to pay and shall forthwith pay to the Carrier the fare for a particular sailing or sailings on which the Passenger wishes to travel. The Carrier cannot be held responsible if the Passenger cannot quote his valid booking reference number or produce a valid e-ticket booking confirmation. Replacements must be paid for at the fare available on the day of replacement.
33. Accommodation on board vessels for Passengers, Luggage and Vehicles is limited and is subject to availability on their chosen date and route. This is the case notwithstanding any information published by the Carrier as to the latest check-in times before departure for any sailings on any of its services.
34. Save as otherwise provided, fares and all other charges must be paid in accordance with the terms of the booking. Charges in respect of Berths must be paid at the time of booking.
35. The Carrier reserves the right to publish fares and charges in such currency or currencies as it may from time to time determine and to vary the fares and charges so published without notice. If any fare or charge is not paid at the time of booking then the purchase of the ticket or contract has not been completed until all fares and charges have been paid. Where a deposit or part payments has been paid this is to secure space on a sailing only and does not represent the purchase of the ticket or a transport contract or guarantee the completion of the contract. The transport contract is concluded only when, subject to availability and the Carrier being willing to conclude the contract, full payment has been made. If any fare or charge is not paid in full at the time of booking then the final fare or charge to be paid shall be that amount prevailing at the time of payment.
The Carrier reserves the right to require the Passenger to pay prior to embarkation a supplement in respect of any fluctuation in relevant exchange rates or any increase in the Carrier's operating costs notwithstanding that the amount paid by the Passenger represented the full fare or charge current at the date of payment. If the Passenger does not wish to pay this increase, then he/she may terminate the Booking.
36. Any fares or charges at less than the Carrier's full standard rate are subject to such special terms and conditions as to availability or otherwise as may from time to time be advertised in the Carrier's notices and publications. Fares and charges published by the Carrier (even if in relation to through carriage) do not include the conveyance of Passengers and their Luggage from ferry terminals to railway or coach stations (or vice versa) which must be arranged by Passengers at their own expense.
37. The fare for an adult Passenger includes any infant Passenger under four years of age accompanying that Passenger but any such infant must be included in the number of Passengers for booking purposes. Save by special arrangement with the Carrier children under sixteen years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult Passenger.
38. Berths/Cabin/Club Class reservations are valid only if the Passenger has a valid booking reference or valid e-ticket booking confirmation for the same sailing. Berths/Cabins/Club Class must be claimed not later than the advertised sailing time failing which the right to a Berth/Cabin/Club Class will be forfeited without the right to any compensation whether by way of a refund of charges or otherwise and the Carrier shall be entitled to re-allocate the Berth/Cabin/Club Class seat reserved.
39. All applications for refunds and the amount (if any) of such refunds in respect of cancelled bookings and unused tickets are at the sole discretion of the Carrier.
40. Passengers must be through check-in and on board at the times as advised in the Carrier’s notices, announcements and publications. In the event of Passengers failing to check-in and board as advised, the Carrier shall be entitled to treat reservations as cancelled without the right to any compensation.
41. An allowance for luggage is made for each Passenger as follows:
(a) Car Passengers may bring as much Luggage as they can safely fit into or onto their Vehicle subject to Clause 47.
(b) Foot Passengers may only bring as much as they can safely and comfortably carry themselves. All Luggage in excess of hand Luggage (similar to airlines) must be checked-in.
(c) Day Trip foot-passengers may only take hand Luggage. Luggage in excess of that allowed for car Passengers is permitted subject to availability of height and width space on the car deck.
All luggage whether or not within the allowance is subject to these conditions which shall continue to apply during any period when Luggage is in any baggage room, locker room, cabin, car deck or public area whether or not manned or supervised by a servant or agent of the Carrier. The Passenger must himself arrange for the placing on board and removal of Luggage other than checked-in Luggage.
42. Subject to any applicable law, Domestic Animals are carried at such fares as are from time to time advertised in the Carrier's notices and publications. Non-Domestic Animals are not permitted on board.
Domestic Animals (except registered guide dogs) are not permitted in Passenger accommodation and must be left in Vehicles or by special arrangement with the Carrier and subject to availability of space placed in kennels on board. Domestic Animals are carried at the entire risk of the Passenger and on the express understanding that no liability shall attach to the Carrier, its Servants, Agents or Independent Contractors for any Injury Loss or Damage of or to any Domestic Animal howsoever whensoever and wheresoever caused.
All Domestic Animals must have a valid and in date Pet Passport for all routes where such Pet Passport is required. It is the Passenger's responsibility to ensure that all the entry conditions at the destination port are met otherwise the Domestic Animal will not be allowed to travel. Further the Passenger undertakes that he will comply with all statutes, rules, orders and regulations applicable to Domestic Animals at any relevant port and that he will indemnify the Carrier its Servants Agents and Independent Contractors and each of them against all consequences whatsoever of any failure so to comply. Save as aforesaid Domestic Animals are carried subject to these conditions.
43. No Passenger shall bring or cause or permit to be brought on board any Luggage of a dangerous explosive or inflammable nature or Luggage the carriage of which is prohibited by any statute rule order or regulation whatsoever. A non-exhaustive list of prohibited items is available on www.irishferries.com. Any such Luggage which is notwithstanding the foregoing brought on board may at the discretion of the Carrier or the Master be landed at any place destroyed rendered innocuous or otherwise disposed of at any time without notice or compensation to the Passenger. Save as aforesaid such Luggage is carried subject to these conditions. Passengers travelling with motorhomes, caravans or dormobiles that contain domestic appliances must ensure that the gas supply to these appliances is fully shut off and disconnected while on board the vessel.
44. The Carrier reserves the right for security purposes or otherwise to search any Passenger or Luggage (including a Vehicle). The Passenger agrees to submit to such search upon the request of any servant agent or independent contractor of the Carrier.
45. All goods other than accompanied Luggage Vehicles and Domestic Animals are accepted and carried only on the Carrier's Standard Conditions of Carriage of Goods for the time being in force as set out in the Carrier's notices and publications. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing goods to which this Clause applies include all unaccompanied Luggage and Vehicles Luggage in advance animals (other than Domestic Animals) and goods Vehicles (whether or not laden and whether or not accompanied). Consignors of all such goods must apply for and obtain a consignment note prior to shipment.
46. During the passage Vehicles must be locked the handbrake applied and first or park gear engaged. Access to Vehicles is not permitted during the passage. A reasonable amount of fuel may remain in the tanks during the passage but tanks must not be filled to capacity. The flow from the tank to carburettor must be shut off where this is not automatic. Fuel in cans or other containers is not permitted. On disembarkation Vehicle engines must not be started until instructed. Passengers are responsible for driving Vehicles onto and off the vessel.
47. The Carrier reserves the right (at the risk and expense of the Passenger) to move Vehicles at any time and by any means which it considers necessary. Vehicles with Luggage loaded on the roof in excess of six feet (1.82 metres) from ground level or protruding beyond the length or width of the Vehicle are accepted subject to availability of space carried only by special arrangement with the Carrier and at such additional charge as may from time to time be determined by the Carrier. The Carrier reserves the right (at the risk and expense of the Passenger) to remove any such Luggage loaded on the roof of a Vehicle at any time and by any means which it considers necessary.
48. Passengers are advised to arrange all necessary travel insurance for Passengers, Luggage and Vehicles. Insurance may be effected through the Carrier - details available on application to any office of the Carrier or its agents.
49. The Carrier participates in the Government controlled Pet Travel Scheme which allows the movement of dogs, cats and ferrets within the EU member states without quarantine restrictions. All animals travelling under this scheme need a Pet Passport. It is the pet owner's responsibility to ensure that all the entry conditions are met otherwise the animal will not be allowed to travel.
The Passenger must ensure all necessary documentation is obtained in respect of the carriage of Domestic Animals or other animals as may be permitted from time to time irrespective of whether the voyage is within EU member states or otherwise.
50. Current amendment fees are available on our website www.irishferries.com/amend. Promotional and sale fares may attract special terms and conditions relating to amendment charges. These charges will be listed on the relevant fare pages at www.irishferries.com over the course of the offer booking period.
51. Current cancellation fees on all routes are available on our website www.irishferries.com/cancel. Promotional and sale fares may attract special terms and conditions relating to cancellation charges. These charges will be listed on the relevant fare pages at www.irishferries.com over the course of the offer booking period.
52. The current refund policy for all routes is available on our website www.irishferries.com.
53. Valid discounts which have been allocated to your customer account must be applied to your booking before outward travel commences as they cannot be applied retrospectively. All discounts are subject to terms and conditions.
Issued By: Irish Ferries Limited, P.O.Box 19, Ferryport, Alexandra Road, Dublin 1.
11 March 2022